Nicholas Temperley

Bruce Randall
I've just heard that Nicholas Temperley, WGMA member and creator of the Hymn Tune Index database, has passed away.

Re: Nicholas Temperley

Edwin Macadam (wg-admin)
Administrator

Thank you Bruce, that is very sudden and sad news indeed.

On 09/04/2020 18:27, Bruce Randall [via West Gallery Music Association Discussion Forum] wrote:
I've just heard that Nicholas Temperley, WGMA member and creator of the Hymn Tune Index database, has passed away.

http://west-gallery-music-association-discussion-forum.188946.n8.nabble.com/Nicholas-Temperley-tp16.html
To start a new topic under West Gallery Music Association Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from West Gallery Music Association Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Nicholas Temperley

Cashaway2020
I join Edwin in thanking you, Bruce, for this sad news. Temperley was the intellectual giant upon whose shoulders we all stand, and this is a great loss for those who love the music of the English parish church and its American descendants.

Stephen A. Marini
Chair, Department of Religion
Elisabeth Luce Moore Professor of Christian Studies
Professor of Religion in America and Ethics
Wellesley College
Wellesley, MA 02481