John Williams, Vital Spark

Jackie Gribble
I'm extremely sad to tell you that John Williams died on May 6th.  His funeral is next Monday, 1st June & will be live streamed via this link:

Service order for
Frederick John Williams

Service Date

01-Jun-20 at 3:00

Service Chapel

Chapel - The Vale - Evesham

Website

www.obitus.com

Username

the0158

Password

625045

Please send this username and password exactly as above to family and friends. You can login to our website at any time to view a test connection (and we strongly recommend you do this) but you'll only be able to view the Live Webcast between approx. 14:56 and 16:05 on Monday 01 June.

A website commemorating his music has been designed by his friends & can be accessed here:
https://soundcloud.com/johnwilliams-malvern

Re: John Williams, Vital Spark

Sheila Macadam
We were so sad to learn of the passing of John Willie, Jackie. John Burke had kindly posted on an obit from
a fellow Morris man about 10 days ago. The end of an era, we shall not see John's like again. Talented beyond
reasonable measure, we well remember how his arrival, together with Roger and Grace, at the WGMA weekend in
November 1992 set the event alight. Windsor Castle was going up in flames at the same time...

In later years, when the WGMA had moved on from its folk origins and towards a more baroque style of presentation,
John and Vital Spark continued as you had begun, pure folkies.

Thank you all but especially John. We'll be there on 1 June in spirit, and in voice. You probably won't need a
serpent...

Sheila and Edwin

On 27/05/2020 12:15, Jackie Gribble [via West Gallery Music Association Discussion Forum] wrote:
[...]

http://west-gallery-music-association-discussion-forum.188946.n8.nabble.com/John-Williams-Vital-Spark-tp23.html
To start a new topic under West Gallery Music Association Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from West Gallery Music Association Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

--
Sheila and Edwin Macadam
30 Eynsham Road, Botley, Oxford OX2 9BP
www.facebook.com/OxfordSacredHarpSinging
https://twitter.com/OxfordSH

RE: John Williams, Vital Spark

seymour166

Sorry to receive the sad news Jackie, but thanks for letting us know.

Jean & Alan Seymour

NAML

Re: John Williams, Vital Spark

Bruce Randall
I'm sorry to hear this. I remember meeting him many years ago; I will try to listen to the memorial if I can.

Bruce Randall
Haverhill, MA.
USA